COTABATO CITY, Philippines (Mindanao Examiner / May 7, 2009) – Unidentified gunmen barged into a warehouse and abducted a Filipino-Chinese trader on Thursday in the southern Philippine province of Maguindanao, the military said.
The military said four gunmen seized Christopher Yap, 28, in the village of Limbo in the town of Sultan Kudarat at around 10 a.m.
Gunmen dragged Yap into a waiting car parked outside his place. Yap’s family is into agricultural business, the military said.
No group claimed responsibility for the abduction, but previous kidnappings had been blamed by the police and military to the Al-Khobar gang and rogue members of the country’s largest Muslim rebel group, the Moro Islamic lslamic Liberation Front.
Maguindanao is one of five provinces under the restive Muslim autonomous region in Mindanao. (Ferdinandh Cabrera)