BASILAN, Philippines (Mindanao Examiner / May 27, 2011) – At least 100 people were left homeless after a fire swept through a neighborhood in the southern Filipino province of Basilan, officials said on Friday.
Officials said the fire broke out late Thursday on a house in Lamitan City and spread to neighbors. One person was injured in the fire that started from an unattended stove.
There were no reports of deaths and that most of those who evacuated are staying at a temporary shelter provided by the local government. (Mindanao Examiner)