KIDAPAWAN CITY, Philippines (Mindanao Examiner / June 18, 2011) – Four people were injured following the bombing of a karaoke bar late Saturday in the southern Philippine city of Tacurong, police said.
Police said a mortar bomb was used in attacking the Starlight Videoke Bar. The motive of the bombing was unknown, but a report by Bombo Radio quoted local police inspector, Rolly Oranza, as saying that four people were wounded in the blast.
No individual or group claimed responsibility for the bombing, but it occurred after the United States warned of a terror attack in the country.
Police and military had previously blamed Moro rebels in previous bomb attacks in Tacurong City. (Mindanao Examiner)