Saturday, June 10, 2006

UFO In Zamboanga City, The Story Behind The Sighting




ZAMBOANGA CITY (Al Jacinto / 10 Jun) Due to the large number of requests asking us to republish the story of an unidentified flying object spotted in Zamboanga City, we decided to put up this piece again and some photos of the UFO.

We have submitted a copy of this story to the UFO Evidence, an international scientific research organization in the United States, for documentation.

We are no experts on UFOs or extraterrestrial crafts and intelligence, but we are liberal and maintain an open mind on these issues.


Please forward all requests for reprint and copies of copyright photos to the Zamboanga Journal at http://zamboangajournal.com or email us at zamboangajournal@gmail.com.

It was December 24, 2005 when I was taking photographs of people digging for scrap in the remote village of Lumbangan, about 10 kms south of Zamboanga City, where the central garbage dump is located.

I have not notice anything unusual, and heard nothing from the sky. The garbage diggers were all busy and I went on with my shoot, preparing a special story about the poor living condition of the people in the village.

I was happy with the shoot. I got good photos that even Scrooge would have a pity on the children picking up trash and rotten meat for food in Lumbangan. My purpose for the shoot was to initiate a love drive and seek donations and help for these poor people.

The story and photos of these people came out on Christmas Day.

Several days later while reviewing the images, I have noticed a speck on one of the first three frames. I thought that dust had gathered inside my Canon 300D DSLR, so I enlarged the photo and was aghast on what I saw.

I thought it was a passenger plane or a military aircraft, so I phoned the Air Transportation Office and the Philippine Air Force to ask if there were airplanes or choppers in the area that time of the day.
They said that the area was not a typical route for any aircraft and the first thing I said to myself was this thing could be an alien craft, if not a military spy plane.

The UFO was neither small nor big, just the right size for several passengers. It did not emit any smoke or sound, but a closer look suggested the craft was metallic and had what appeared a dome with glowing red light. The middle of the body was somewhat silvery in color and its belly was cast in dark shadow, maybe because the sun was on its west side.

Of the first 3 frames of my photographs taken in the same site, the flying object only appeared on the second frame. It was not on the first frame and gone on the third. I was not sure if other people in the village noticed the UFO, but there were about 70 people in the dumpsite at that time, around 10 a.m. and the weather was really good, clear sky and less clouds.

There were other reported sightings of UFOs in Zamboanga City. After this story was first published on a local newspaper and another in Manila, radio stations were flooded with calls from citizens, saying, they too saw a similar object.

Several UFO sightings were also reported in the past in the Philippines.

Filipinos reported seeing UFOs in 1979 in Cebu, Bohol and Negros provinces in the central Philippines. In April 19, 2000, a UFO was spotted near a beer brewery office in Manila.

In June 28, 2002, a UFO was spotted hovering on a remote village in Polomolok town in South Cotabato province in the southern Philippines.

Two sightings were again reported in Dumaguete City in central Philippines in December 15 and March 11 on the same year. In January 16, 2004, a disc-shaped flying object was seen over San Jose Del Monte town in Bulacan province outside Manila and many other sightings since 1900. (The author is the Editor-in-Chief of Zamboanga Journal Publications)

1 comment:

NewsWire Manila said...

Hello, I am Tony Israel of the UFO Society of the Philippines.

May you please share with us your experience? Can I repost this article in our website: ufosp.org and ufosociety.ning.com?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,


Tony Israel